Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sharing the Love... Worldwide. Always.

Dear Friends of the Studio!

As I worked on my business plan for the New Year, one thought kept coming back to me. I wanted whatever I put my efforts into, whether big or small, to make an impact well beyond myself. In a good economy or a bad one, I wanted my time, my efforts, my creative talent, to benefit the world around me. Since childhood I have had a compassionate heart toward those in need, and have long been a personal supporter of organizations such as Feed My Starving Children, World Vision, and more, locally and worldwide.

In the past, Feather Blue Studios has teamed up with local organizations like Second Harvest Heartland for our Halloween Costume Contest event and food drive, and most recently with our Feel the Love, Share the Love campaign's clean water drive for the internationally-minded Charity:Water.

But I have decided that for 2012 and beyond, a portion of ALL shoots will go toward local and international charity organizations - ones that reach out to the body, mind, and soul of individuals in need here and throughout the world.

Though this has been on my mind for a few months, I was wary of how to announce it, especially without a final game-plan in place, lest it be seen in any way as a marketing effort or as something noble that I am doing on my own. When really I am humbled by the chance to use what passes through my hands, even when times may be "tight," to make a difference beyond myself.

So I am making this statement simply to hold myself and the studio accountable to this plan and let those of you who share like-minded values know that others are with you in desiring to making a difference, big or small. As a small business, one that is often seasonal, I do not expect that I will be making a large dent in the needs of the world. But that's not the point. It's when our hearts are willing that we can be used to make the biggest difference, even when it may seem small. I know that many of you have found your own ways to do so as well -- and if not, start thinking creatively!

Blessings & Thanks,
~Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment