Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Delia & Hunter

Most any photographer who also happens to have children will tell you that the hardest subject to take pictures of is their own kids. This is absolutely true in my case. While I think that I am generally incredibly patient and relaxed when I shoot, I find myself agitated and irritable as I try to get my own 2 year old son to sit still (just for 3 seconds, really?) and my 6 year old daughter to give me a smile that is not "the cringe."

Three shoots later (really; I come up with creative ideas, head off to location with them, and come home with NOTHING) I shot these natural light shots by our front door one day on a whim when I especially liked Hunter's shirt and thought Delia was having a good hair day.



Needless to say, these are now my current favorites of the kids and I plan to have large prints made of both of their headshots for our living room. I am made cheerful by Hunter's playful smile and Delia's genuine expression with the dimple. Additionally, I've compiled them to work as the kids (much-overdue-to-be-updated) modeling comp cards (which is what you see here) for their local agencies (as the other two very "planned" shoots did not produce the desired results). :)

Sometimes the unexpected can result in the best of the best. Cheers to that! Wishing you all little unexpected joys this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment